Monday, February 8, 2010

FLUXUS

It is interesting to find out about something that you have never heard of before and then to see how widely spread it is. It makes you feel out of the look in a sense but happy to have joined. Before this article I had never heard of Fluxus. While reading I was looking up some of the names from the article especially george Maciunas and saw how important these people are. It is also very interesting to know that there is a group that was so determined and dedicated that they created themselves without someone coming in and calling them a name. It makes me want to go out there and create my own art group of people that have the same ideas but also ways of thinking. Support groups can go a long way when one is trying to work with a big idea and I've learned that through experience. I really like the part where it says an artist can be an artist and industrialist at the same time. Often we think of these two separate but to achieve the best outcome one must combine the two. An artist is an inventor, collaborator, thinker, maker, producer, and so much more but if it is not for a cause then it is nothing.

While going through the list of the 12 criteria of Fluxus I tried to highlight the ones that apply to me and works I have done so far. Interestingly enough more than half were highlighted. The others are also ways I have already thought about. Globalism to me is the most important because I agree with the fact that although there are boundaries between nations and politics there shouldn't be boundaries between nature and culture. We do all share the same world and I don't think a lot of people think about that. "Fluxus encourages dialogue among like minds, regardless of nation." this is my favorite quote. NO matter where you come from you are entitled to find your people. People you can relate to as far as Ideas and ways to change the world. Collaborators are a must with such big problems surrounding us today.

No comments:

Post a Comment